The network global results in the following research and acting strands:
- The study of cultural expressions and vertical stories about culture. In opposition, analysis of patterns and resources of the so called popular culture.
- Analysis of cultural industries processes. Critical approach to the effects of the so called Creative industries.
- Analysis of International Development experiences, in order to gather a reflection frame about the “development model” intentions.
- The study of the local empowerment and enterprising practices, from a wider and more social-focused approach than those that Market provides.
- Reflection about the relationship among citizenship, new information technologies and development.
- Analysis of discourses about the city as emerging representation arisen from global Utopia and crisis of state politics.
- Attention to the importance of mediatization to communities. Particularly, to the new perspective provided by new dynamics of appropriation and the understanding of media as social encounter point.
- Structural analysis of communication and development from the perspective of Political Economy of Communication and Critical Theory.
- The study of community communication experiences and methods, in close relation with diversity concept.
- Taking ethics into account for the drawing-up of Good Practice Manuals for communication and social professionals, as well as for communication agents training.
- Analysis of the rapports existing between Comdev and human groups according to their generational and economic condition, in order to prevent marginalization and to design training strategies for integration.
- Analysis of official, political and professional discourses from a critic perspective. Likewise, analysis of the discourse generated by social movement and communication rights demands.
- Use of Social Network Analysis methodology.
- Analysis of storytelling, repertoires and considerations about Alterity.
- Charting of social and cultural flow at bordering territories.
- Analysis of culture organization and its communicative, political, social and economic effects.
Therefore, REAL_CODE attempts to undertake a broad and open review of social and communicative current situations and of its future horizons.